Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Labor Story.. and some!

Monday I went to my doctors appointment and Dr. Dibble told me that if I wanted he would start me on Wednesday. I begged and begged for a closer day, but decided I could live with it. Well come Tuesday afternoon my mom and one of the ladies at the hospital had a major misunderstanding, so that went down the drain. Tuesday night I began having way bad contractions and felt TERRIBLE, but they were only about 16 to 17 minutes apart. Dr. Dibble's office called me Wednesday and we got it all straightened out after he went down to the hospital and ripped some people a new one. She told me he would start me Friday morning or Monday if that's what I wanted. Of course I TRIED to push for a sooner day, but he couldn't do it.
I was admitted into the Brigham hospital at 6:00 a.m. Friday morning. They started me on Pitocin  a little before 8:00, and things were on their way. At 11:30 Dr. Dibble came in and broke my water (which is the sickest thing I've ever felt) and they upped my dosage on Pitocin. At about 5:00 the pain was getting really bad and I didn't know if I was going to make it. I was starving, since they wouldn't let me eat anything but ice, I was tired, and miserable. Dr. Dibble told me to try some Fentinol and just see how I liked it. So I decided to do a half dose of it. I was higher than a kite all that I could pay attention to was the food commercials on TV. Unfortunately it didn't take the pain away or even take the edge off like it was supposed to. At 6:30 my nurse Annie who I loved so much checked me and I was dilated to an 8. Tayzin's heart rate was dropping so they had to put me on oxygen which I fought forever. It smelled like a nasty fog machine! ha ha. I finally decided to get an epidural at the last second so they went to get the anesthesiologist and he was in a 2 hour surgery! So they called another one in and he said he had to find someone to baby sit his kids. Finally after waiting about a half hour he was there. He looked just like Kasey Scott from channel 2 news ha ha.  They told me it'd take about 3 contractions to kick in. Well when your contractions are coming from 1 min to 30 seconds apart that is too long! 15 minutes had rolled around and it wasn't doing anything. The guy came back in and I told him only my right butt cheek was numb ha ha ha so they told me they'd have to take it out and try again. Finally after one of the nurses rolled me over on the other side I was a little numb but not all the way. I was shaking way way bad and felt a lot of pressure, but just figured my body was tired and cold. I waited to be checked but after about 15 minutes my mom went and got the nurse and she saw me and said uh... someone find Dibble! She told me first time moms usually push for an hour so she had me push once and said "Okay DO NOT PUSH ANYMORE!!" Finally my doc. came and I pushed through 2 contractions and T was welcome into the world at 7:40 P.M. I love this little guy so much! He makes me so happy, we are our own little family now. I never thought I would love someone so much, especially in such a short amount of time.
The first night home I just stood and stared at him in his crib and cried. The Lord works in a strange way! A year ago I was quite the little rebel running around doing what I wanted, how I wanted, and nobody was ever gonna stop me or slow me down. Wow how I was wrong. I look back now and I have grown up so much! All of my friends are married or almost married. I don't run out on the town or hang out with friends. I don't feel like I need a guy anymore. I am perfectly content and loving where I am at in life right now. Tayzin is such a miracle and a blessing. No matter what ANYONE says babies are NOT mistakes. God knows exactly when their time is to be here and who they are going to come to. What I did was definitely a mistake, but he is not. I love him so much and I thank God every night for giving him to me and letting me be his mommy. I am so thankful that he chose God's way and got to come to earth, because I don't know and definitely don't want to know where I would be without him!
Wow enough out of me here is some more pictures!
Yes, I am crying, I know I'm a baby!




What a trooper of a mom I have! Thank you for everything mom, I LOVE YOU!!!

This is what happens every time we wash his hair.



He HATES the bath!!!!!!!!!



At the doctor we had to weigh him, and as soon as i took his diaper off he peed ALL over my shirt!


GRANDMA DON'T EAT ME!!!

Steve Harrington took his pictures today, but we took his vest and tie off before I got a picture. :(

Don't worry all his newborn clothes DROWN him!


1 comment:

  1. You are the luckiest girl ever! Sounds like a great delivery...so wish I had that same story to tell! What adorable pics and you have the cutest Mom on the planet! Love the pics and I can't believe how skinny you after just giving birth! Sooo unfair! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete