Wow, the title of this post says it all! I am so thankful for the family that I have been blessed with! I have been struggling lately, just doing it all by myself. I got thinking in my selfish teenage mind set saying "If he isn't living with the consequences I don't want to, or shouldn't have to!" So I started thinking about adoption, and what a life that I could give to this baby if I was to give him to a family who is ready for him, can bless him with two parents, and cater to his needs. So I made an appointment secretly to go talk to the bishop about it. All week it just seemed as if everything was getting a little bit easier and I was okay with the fact of being a single parent. But then Friday night came and I couldn't take it anymore! I finally said something to my mom, I never would've guessed that she would've acted that way! She told me that her and my dad would get the first say to him and they would take him. It made me very upset at first, but as I sat back and thought about it after I had calmed down. I thought what great parents that I have, that they would take him in and make him their own. I am so so blessed for everything that they have done for me through this hard time of lessons, and consequences. I am so thankful that they can still look me in the eye and love me even though I have definitely made my fair share of mistakes if not way more! I am also grateful for my dad and the attention and love he has shown me through this situation, not a day goes by that he doesn't come and sit down by me and ask me how my day was, if I had learned anything, and how i was doing. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it means the world when you feel alone and in the dark. My mom also her and I have never really been very close but i tell her everything now we have never been so close in my life, I can honestly say today that she is my best friend! I am also grateful for my cousin Brit! :) ha ha! You know why! Even though you and your hubby ditched out, it still was way fun! (You better not ditch next time ha ha then we can all party in the mini van ha ha ha hopefully not!!)
Thanks to all of you for all that you have done for me I appreciate your friendship, and love in my life! :)
Lots of Love! ... Shauni & Tayzin!
I am so glad you are blogging! I love your blog! Keep the posts coming and know I am here if you need ANYTHING cutie! You are truly blessed to have the most amazing parents! I love your cute Mom so much and I know she loves you more than anything! I can see it in her eyes when she talks about you! I am anxious for this little cutie to get here! I so wish we could have one more for little miss Gracie so she would have a sibling, so you are going to have to let me hold him and sniff him a lot so I get my baby fix!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh Lisa!! Ha ha we love your blog too, I have to go tell my mom every time that you post something so she can read it! Ha ha you can hold him and sniff him a lot since i'm sure i will be in the nursery A LOT!! Your favorite person in the ward told me he wants me out of young womens after Christmas, because that is no place for a baby so i am now in relief society! Doesn't sound like much of a relief to me to be in a room with a bunch of women old enough to be my grandma!!! ha ha so don't worry! :)
ReplyDeleteYour so cute lol. Well I am anxious for your little bundle to get here! Always know I am here if you need anything! You have my cell right? 435-713-5251. You can call me anytime! I hope you are feeling better! I know I was scared to death with any change when I was prego. i hope you were able to get ahold of Dibble finally! Everything is going to be just fine! If life was meant to be easy, we wouldn't be here right? I know we are all dealt different cards, but we can lean on each other to get through the tougher times. Tayzin will be so lucky to have such a cute Mommy and extra amazing Grandparents! He will be one loved baby! Take lots of pics of your cute tummy as you grow. I wish I would have! And I truly believe that everything happens for a reason:) Love you Shauni!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lisa. We finally found Dibble on Friday and he couldn't even see me cause he was in surgery all day. So he told me a bunch of things to do and finally today I get to go down and find out from him what he thinks is wrong. It is so annyoying when his stupid nurse keeps calling saying okay he thinks its this then another minute she calls and says it is something else. As of right now they have it ruled down to my gall bladder. So hopefully all of that works out for the best! Thanks for everything you're the best! (I bet Julie was ready to commit suicide yesterday!) ha ha!
ReplyDelete